Pupil Premium Funding / Impact
Pupil Premium at St Gregory's Catholic Academy
Pupil Premium is extra funding of up to £1320 to support your child’s education. At St Gregory's we use the extra funding to provide pupils with fair and equal opportunities so that they achieve well in all areas of the school. The pupil premium is intended to directly benefit the children who are eligible, helping to narrow the gap between them and their classmates.
How we use the funding.
Pupil Premium funds are used to help the pupils in many ways including academic and non-academic areas, these include:
- Extra one-to-one or small-group support for children within the classroom.
- Employing extra teaching assistants to work with classes.
- Running catch-up sessions before or after school, for example for children who need extra help with maths or literacy.
- Running a school breakfast club to improve attendance.
- Providing extra tuition for able children.
- Providing music lessons for children whose families would be unable to pay for them.
- Funding educational trips and visits.
- Paying for additional help such as speech and language therapy or family therapy
- Investing in resources that boost children’s learning, such as laptops or tablets.
Who can apply for Pupi Premium Funding?
Schools are given a pupil premium for:
- Children who have qualified for free school meals at any point in the past six years. The school receives £1320 for each of these children.
- Children who are or have been looked after under local authority care for more than one day. These children are awarded a premium of £2300.
- Children from service families who receive a child pension from the Ministry of Defence. They are awarded £300.
Can your child get the Pupil Premium?
If you think that you may be entitled to receive Pupil Premium funding or if you have any questions, please contact Mrs Matthews in the school.